Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Blog Name's History

THE GAMER
Why is it? Why my blog is named “THE GAMER”? Do you want to know why? I know why. Do you want to know why? Okay, I will tell you why.
            Why?
            Enough with the whys. I will now tell you the whole history of my blog’s name “THE GAMER”.
           
When I was six years old, I always play with my Lego blocks given to me by my parents because it was their birthday gift to me I think. It was 12 years ago so I do not remember exactly the reason my parents gave me Lego blocks but never mind that, the important thing is that they gave me Lego blocks and a whole box of them. As two years go by, I had mastered how to build something out of Lego blocks. I am able to build houses and castles and used specially made Lego blocks to build a spaceship and a racecar.
             
But I lost my love for playing Lego blocks and found a new toy to play, “toy armies.” As far as I remember, my room always turns into a warzone when I play my toy armies. It was filled with infantries, tanks, cannons, and airplanes and I was the one who made the sound effects.
            “Tatatatatatatatatat!!!”
            “Fire in the hole!!!”
            “Retreat!!!”
            But I also lost my love of playing toy armies. It looked like I was craving for something technological.
           
When we went to our cousin’s house in Cainta, I saw my cousin playing something on his computer. I asked him the name of the game that he plays and he replied that it is called “Red Alert 2.” Because it is my first time to see a computer game, I just watched him all throughout that day. And at the Christmas of that year, my cousin gave a copy of the game and this became the start of my computer gaming career. It was followed by the online game, “Ran Online” that I can only play when I am on my uncle’s house. Then, I played “Supreme Destiny” with my sister but we stopped because we couldn’t download a new patch that will start the game. Next was the “Perfect World” that I easily lost interest because it was hard to level up. I also played “Defense of the Ancients” or commonly known as “DOTA”. I quitted playing that game recently as a promise to my girlfriend and I also lost interest on it because most of the time I play it, I lose. Recently, I played also “Weapons of War” but it only took me two weeks playing it because I switched to a new game that I also played two years ago and the game is called “Rohan.”
 

            Then, as a requirement and a project to our computer subject this school year, we are required to create our own blog that will show who we are. And that made me realized who really I am, a gamer, where my blog’s name, “THE GAMER” was derived.
            I forgot that I also played PSI, PSII, PSIII, PSP, XBOX and Wii but I only had a PSI and a PSP that is currently missing in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment